top of page
EAST DONYLAND / ROWHEDGE
SHAMROCK IV - 23 metre
Launched 1908 - Skipper Edward Sycamore
Pictures only, text to follow
Originally known as Shamrock IV, because she was the fourth Lipton yacht of that name, she became known as Shamrock - 23 metre following the launch of the America's Cup challenger, officially named Shamrock IV, in 1914.
Intended as a challenger for the America's Cup she had a very successful racing career in UK and German waters, the Americans having refused to build a yacht of similar proportions to race against her in Cup matches.
Shamrock was the first racing yacht to be lit by electricity.
bottom of page